Monday, February 1, 2016

Spring hasn't arrived yet but great chicken has....

I made my way out to newcomer on the South Miami block Spring Chicken yesterday for lunch. As soon as I heard of their opening I was excited, already salivating at the thought of Yardbird chicken. Spring Chicken has the same masterminds behind it as Yardbird and Swine so I just knew it was going to be good.

It is only a few days old so as you would imagine it was packed, a line outside the door packed. I still made the line and within 20 minutes I was at the register placing our order. I gaze at the menu and notice mama's biscuits, could these possibly be the same delicious ones I get at Yardbird? I just had to order them with some honey butter for the taste test. I then went with the Yardbird sandwich as that is their signature item, some waffle fries, a small macaroni and cheese (to share with the hubster) and a homemade lemonade. The sandwich is decently priced at $5.95 and for the most part everything else on the menu is too. About 15 minutes went by and our buzzer went off, our food was ready to be enjoyed, and boy did we enjoy it.

The biscuits were exactly what I wanted, soft moist inside with a crunchy exterior, perfectly buttery, honey butter on the side for extra buttery sweetness. YES they were just as delicious as the ones at Yardbird and this makes me happy. The sandwich was delicious, being that it's made with chicken thigh it's more moist than chicken breast sandwiches, the seasoning and the perfect fried exterior is reminiscent of its sister chicken from Yardbird. The waffle fries unfortunately were underwhelming, I kind of feel that the oil wasn't changed or they weren't very freshly fried as they had an odd crunch to them. Their mac n cheese though is on point, delicious blend of cheeses with a little crumbly topping. Lemonade was good, tasted homemade, not overly sweet.

Overall I think this is a great addition to the South Miami scene, I am looking forward to going back and getting the chicken sandwich in biscuits next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment