Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Not your Mamas House

When you're hungry and can't make it to your mamas house, you'll want to visit Bocas House. Located in a strip mall in Doral it is THE place to get good eats in that part of town. Owned by talented cook (co_cinero on instagram) Cesar Gonzalez, this Latin American eatery features everything from Venezuelan classics like pabellon to Peruvian classics like lomo saltado. On my first visit, during early lunch time, I wen't the Peruvian route with what better than a mimosa in hand.

For my lunch entree I chose the Tallarines al Wok con Lomo. As soon as the beautiful plate was placed in front of me, I knew I was in for a treat. Sauteed onions, peppers, tomatoes, thinly sliced - perfectly cooked steak with noodles in a delicious, flavorful sauce. The portion was quite generous, it was so good though that I must confess to there not being much left on my plate.


I had been following Bocas House on Instagram for quite the while, drooling over the pictures of their Nutella Milkshake. Obviously upon finally making it out to the restaurant I knew that would be my dessert. When it reached the table, my friend and I were instantly excited. Why? Well we were seeing a large mug filled with nutella milkshake, topped with a nutella brownie, a nutella truffle, and a huge ball of vanilla ice-cream generously drizzled with MORE nutella. Who wouldn't be excited at the sight of this! It of course was as glorious as it looked, the brownie was moist, the milkshake was just right, and I mean there was NUTELLA galore!

Would I go back to Bocas House? Silly question! Yes, I would go back... I should probably hit the gym first though...







No comments:

Post a Comment