Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A small town with big flavor



I had been meaning to make it out to Homestead for quite some time now, the reason? Many are familiar with the town from November thru April because Knausberry is open for business! I made my way out with some friends expecting to make the famous hour(s) long line, only to drive in and see that THERE WAS NO LINE! ::Cue the harpist:: We just walked right in and with only one person ahead of me, I placed my order. "I'll have one dozen cinnamon rolls, half a dozen bacon cinnamon rolls (limited supply of these cinnamon rolls with Miami smokers bacon added) and one individual cinnamon roll please." Oh the delicious smells coming out of that kitchen, I bet you'd appreciate some scratch n sniff action on your monitor right now.

I walked right out with my order, the dozen/half dozen for my family's enjoyment later and the individual warm one for my enjoyment right then and there. Biting into that cinnamon roll is pure bliss, it's warm, it's gooey, it's soft, it's... perfect.




Being that we were already in Homestead and it was around lunch time, another popular foodie thing to do is to hit up some Mexican food. For me, authentic delicious Mexican equals Taqueria Morelia, a small hole in the wall dining establishment adjacent to a gasoline station. It was also Instagram favorite, Taco Tuesday, so we just had to have some tacos. I went with a trio: carnitas, carne asada and al pastor. The carnitas were good, but my favorite was the al pastor with the carnitas a close second. The meat in the al pastor is bursting with flavor. Usually with these tacos the pineapple is served fresh on top, what's different about theirs is that the pineapple is cooked right in making it extra special. I love that a slice of avocado is included in each taco, I love Avocado! They also have a nice variety of homemade salsas that pair great with their complimentary chips basket.

Suggestion: Make the hour (for some slightly less) drive from Miami out to Homestead, you'll find some good eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment