Friday, August 19, 2016

Spotlight on: Doce Provisions


I had been craving Doce since my last visit to the hidden Little Havana spot. On my second visit I went with some dishes I had previously ordered plus some new ones I was excited to try.

First on my list, the chorizo croquetas. Croquetas are a staple of Miami food culture,  when you make it a croqueta with popular newcomer Miami smokers chorizo it is sure to be something special. This they were, flavorful chorizo filling that is breaded just right and fried to the point they are crunchy outside but not oily, utter perfection.

Short Rib Mac & Cheese: Cheddar dashi, pimento crumble, togarashi (chili peppers.) I put my fork into the dish and there it was, the melty ooey gooey goodness you want to see when you order mac and cheese. The short rib was the perfect add-on, flavorful tender strips of meat mixed in with all that cheese and that crunchy top crumble.... delish!

Ahi Tuna Toast: white bean purée, frisee, pear, radish. Toast slices topped with fresh ahi tuna, mixed in a delicious light sauce and fresh greens.  

My favorite dish from my first visit had to be ordered again, the Little Bird Fried Chicken with

No comments:

Post a Comment